Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Why hello there, stranger.

Admittedly, I know it's been about four million years since my last post. I know that's not good. It's not because I haven't had much to say. Quite to the contrary: I've had A LOT to say...just not really about writing. This mainly because that evil monster called School consumes my life. She let me out for a short reprieve, however, so I'm here to make the mostest of it.

So, what have I been doing in the last two months? Well. I've--

1) Written 3 not-for-funsies papers*

2) Completed a rough draft of my thesis proposal

3) Completed AFLP analyses on 40 of my 130 specimens

4) Created presentation over completed research

5) Presented presentation at BigScaryScientificConference (Subtitled: PlaceWhereGraduateStudentHatersCongregateAndAnnihilate)

6) Collapsed with relief once BigScaryConference was over

7) Had a drink. Or three.

8) Made and presented another presentation.

9) Collapsed. Drank.

10) Attended music festival. Did not drink.

11) Ate copious amounts of candy

11.5) More candy/caffeine here.

12) Studied and took 3 finals.

13) Collapsed.

14) Preoccupied my mind by surfing youtube. (This is fantastic. I ran and bought several of her originals from itunes after finding this cover.)

15) Realized I haven't really done crap in the way of Actual Writing**

The good news is, however, that I've spent most of the day alternating between AW surfing and glorious WIP-writing. (AKA, It's been a damn good day.) I've basically outlined 3/4 of my romance novel, and that's something that makes me verrah happeh. I've also figured out a queue for my WIPs and set some goals. (Goals are a good thing.)

I plan on finishing two WIPs this year: my historical romance and my YA Contemp (which basically just needs a middle-section-rewrite), come hell or highwater. It's going to be tough, but I think I can do it.

So. hello! More stuff coming here (hopefully good stuff) soon, so check back!

Up next: It's okay to suck.

*Not-for-funsies=anything school related. Usually dry, boring, scientific style writing that sucks my soul.
**Actual Write=well, basically the opposite of above.

No comments:

Post a Comment