Admittedly, I know it's been about four million years since my last post. I know that's not good. It's not because I haven't had much to say. Quite to the contrary: I've had A LOT to say...just not really about writing. This mainly because that evil monster called School consumes my life. She let me out for a short reprieve, however, so I'm here to make the mostest of it.
So, what have I been doing in the last two months? Well. I've--
1) Written 3 not-for-funsies papers*
2) Completed a rough draft of my thesis proposal
3) Completed AFLP analyses on 40 of my 130 specimens
4) Created presentation over completed research
5) Presented presentation at BigScaryScientificConference (Subtitled: PlaceWhereGraduateStudentHatersCongregateAndAnnihilate)
6) Collapsed with relief once BigScaryConference was over
7) Had a drink. Or three.
8) Made and presented another presentation.
9) Collapsed. Drank.
10) Attended music festival. Did not drink.
11) Ate copious amounts of candy
11.5) More candy/caffeine here.
12) Studied and took 3 finals.
14) Preoccupied my mind by surfing youtube. (This is fantastic. I ran and bought several of her originals from itunes after finding this cover.)
15) Realized I haven't really done crap in the way of Actual Writing**
The good news is, however, that I've spent most of the day alternating between AW surfing and glorious WIP-writing. (AKA, It's been a damn good day.) I've basically outlined 3/4 of my romance novel, and that's something that makes me verrah happeh. I've also figured out a queue for my WIPs and set some goals. (Goals are a good thing.)
I plan on finishing two WIPs this year: my historical romance and my YA Contemp (which basically just needs a middle-section-rewrite), come hell or highwater. It's going to be tough, but I think I can do it.
So. hello! More stuff coming here (hopefully good stuff) soon, so check back!
Up next: It's okay to suck.
*Not-for-funsies=anything school related. Usually dry, boring, scientific style writing that sucks my soul.
**Actual Write=well, basically the opposite of above.