Saturday, November 12, 2011

NaNo Update, Day 12

I'm at 17, 281 right now. Technically, I should be at around 18k, but life happened in the middle of the week and I was unable to get any writing time in. At one point, in fact, I was behind by about 5k--I've narrowed it down to only about a thousand words behind, which makes me pretty happy. Or atleast lessens the drowing feeling...kinda.

Hopefully I can catch up today.

As far as yesterday, I really struggled to get going. I wasn't sure what I wanted to throw at my characters next (read: I'm pantsing the hell out of this WIP) and was generally feeling pretty blah. Being ~5k behind schedule isn't a fun feeling and can be more than a little overwhelming. Thankfully I got in a groove a couple hundred words in and went on from there, finishing with a few thousand that I'm okay with.

Try as I might, I can't seem to get ahead for anything. But I'll settle for being close, for now. Maybe, once I sit down to write today, I can get on a roll.

How's your NaNo going?

Currently listening to: the tv blaring and Wednesday the MonsterCat meowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment